December 13, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Made it to Riga today. I traveled a total of 26 hours, and passed through 5 different airport. LAX->Detroit->London Heathrow->London Gatwick->Riga. Someone from the family I stayed with picked me up from the airport and we went straight to dinner. I ate avocado and asparagus soup. It wasn't great. Note to self: you're not in California anymore where all fruit stays in season all year around. I should have thought about where they would get avocados in the middle of December. A mistake I won't make twice.

Other than that, everything worked out so well today. The room I'm staying in has a little fireplace, and it is so cozy and comforting. One day to rest, and then it's back into travel mode.

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA oh Ali. I miss you already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first time I ordered avocado in a salad in England, it bounced off the table when I tried to spear it with my fork. A lesson we all must learn when venturing out of California!

    ReplyDelete